Thursday, July 14, 2016

Breaking Boundaries

I'm going to write a post that is probably so "off limits" to other bloggers and readers in general. I'm writing this post because:

1: Things like this need to be talked about

2: Not every family is picture perfect.


Let me re-introduce myself.

My name is Katie, I'm 29, I've been blogging on various sites since 2008, I'm a mom to a beautiful little sassy Princess named MaKenna (15 months) and step-mama to an amazing boy named Jason (9 years old). I also have an amazing fiance and 2 awesome black kittens named Storm and Shadow.




I'm also the sister of a drug addict.

Yes, I said it.

My brother right now who has 2 amazingly beautiful daughters is in Jail right now because of the soul taking drug heroin. 

Did I do everything that I could?

YES.

It makes me sad everyday to know that he choose to do this drug.

I'm a blogger and I haven't even written to him once. 
WHY?

I don't know what to say to him. He's sitting behind bars, in the middle of a divorce, and can't see his children. 

OK...SO...

What the heck am I supposed to say? My life is great...how is yours? NOT. How about " everything is going terrible...bills are piling up ... I had a miscarriage. Really inspiring right?!

NOT.

I love him and he is my baby brother. How is it that drugs are so rampant in this country?! Every day I hear of another young person addicted to them. 

We as a country need to figure out how to help the addicts and how to get rid of the drugs once and for all!

I will admit I'm not perfect. I LOVE my coffee and I smoke ciggs but I would NEVER touch drugs.

I need some opinions...

1. What do I say to someone who is in jail?

2. How do we go about trying to get rid of drugs in this country?

It just makes me sad.

3 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I understand. Its not my immediate family, but close friends. It is so sad to see them ruin their life with drugs. As you said, it takes their soul. They are no longer that person we know and love. They are someone else. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, I understand. Its not my immediate family, but close friends. It is so sad to see them ruin their life with drugs. As you said, it takes their soul. They are no longer that person we know and love. They are someone else. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully he will get better xxoo

      Delete